Monday, September 27, 2010

The offense of money...

Money. I hate it, passionately. I hate that this current way of life is ALL about it...
earning it,
spending it,
worrying about it,
never having enough of it.

Money is used to categorize people...you know...the haves, have muchs, have littles, and have nots...
We define a person's "success" by what they earn...we actually take the whole person and within minutes minimize them into a measurement of "successfulness" based upon their display of money. It is displayed, of course, in what they wear and what they drive, where they live and what cell phone they carry...

it is obscene!

And what is the worst of it all....???? MONEY is totally REQUIRED to live in this country (most countries). Even the self sufficient are part of the money game...there is no way to avoid it.

So while consumerism is something I detest--and you will frequently hear me bash--it is the money that I, too, require to live...and yes, you will see advertisements on this blog AND I will hope that you do, on occasion, click on them...the path I intend to follow will require a somewhat hefty initial outlay of the dreaded MONEY and every little bit helps.

2 comments:

  1. Money is a tool, like a screwdriver. Walk into any sears, and you see the array of shiny tools--buy more! you dont have enough!--that's what I hate: not the tools, per se...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post.

    I always tell people we are a poor family with a rich life!! =0)

    {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment!!

momAgenda - get organized with style
Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge

Families on the Road